Get Involved with PPAC Community Theatre
What is Community Theatre? It’s theatre made by, with, and for a community, enriching it by developing the skills, community spirit, and artistic sensibilities of those who participate, whether as producers or audience-members.
From acting and singing to backstage work, set construction to lighting and sound, there are many ways to participate in getting a show from the page to the stage at the Peacock. All our actors, backstage and tech crew are volunteers, and we welcome new faces all the time! Auditions are open to all, whether you have experience or not.
Rehearsals are generally held in the evenings, Monday – Friday during that show’s rehearsal period. Set construction usually happens during the day, and it can be fascinating to help an “imaginary” world come to life with lumber, paint and lighting. Theatre is a team sport, and a rewarding way to get involved in your community!
Audition for 2023 Theatrical Season
Great Performances. Great People. Give the gift of time!
As a community performing arts center, we couldn’t survive without generous gifts of time and talent from our many volunteers.
Some ways to get involved:
- Lobby: working the Box Office, ushering, staffing the concessions stand.
- Backstage: setting/running sound and lights for plays and concerts; set construction and painting; costume creation, alterations, and assisting with actors’ costume changes; acting, singing and backstage crew.
- Publicity: from photography and writing articles for the papers, to helping us hang posters around town.
- Fundraising: Helping plan and execute fundraising events, advocating for the PPAC with other organizations.
- Volunteer Coordination: Helping to organize and manage those who volunteer their time for working the events.
- Encouraging participation and promoting a pleasant and exciting environment.
We’re sure to be able to match your interests and skills with our needs!
If interested, complete the Volunteer Application Form, contact the office at 828-389-2787, or email email@example.com.
Board of Directors
Committed to the arts in our community.
A good Board of Directors is essential for any non-profit, setting its direction, priorities and polices. Our board is a 9-member group of dedicated volunteers, committed to the Peacock’s mission of providing access and participation in the arts to all, through both individual leadership and the ability to work within a group. They work on long-term goals, fundraising and budgeting, and strive to preserve the Peacock’s legacy in our community, while achieving financial stability for the future.
The Peacock Performing Arts Center is an Equal Opportunity provider.